The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame is excited to reopen to the public on Saturday, Sept. 5, 2020. Please be assured that the health and safety of our visitors and staff are our top priorities, and that we are following all COVID-19 related guidelines and protocols issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and New York State. All visitors and staff are required to follow the safety guidelines outlined below. Visitors who do not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the Museum's premises.
To ensure that we are providing a safe environment for all, the Museum has the following policies and procedures in place:
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick. For more information about COVID-19 and its symptoms, please check the CDC website. To help ensure your safety, Museum staff undergo daily health screenings.
- If you have traveled from out of state, please make sure you are complying with current New York State travel restrictions, which currently require a 14-day quarantine for travelers from restricted states. To see the list of restricted states, please see https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory.
- Per New York State guidelines, face masks/coverings are required for all staff and visitors over the age of 2. Free single-use masks will be available at the Museum entrance for visitors who do not have one. Face masks/coverings must completely cover a person’s mouth and nose for proper use.
- To allow for physical distancing, we are limiting Museum capacity. Timed admission tickets are available for purchase online and will allow visitors to reserve a specific date and time to enter the Museum. If you need help in purchasing a ticket, please call us at 518-584-0400 and we will be happy to help. Please be sure to exit the Museum when your time slot is over.
- Physical distancing is required; visitors should stay at least 6 feet from persons not within their group or family.
- Please follow the physical-distancing markers at visitor entry and exit points, as well as in locations throughout the Museum.
- Because of reduced capacities, access to all galleries is not guaranteed. Please note that Horseplay! Gallery and the Racehorse Simulator will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Visitors are encouraged to use the hand sanitizer stations positioned at the entrances and throughout the Museum.
- Visitors will receive as part of their admission their own stylus pen to be used when interacting with touchscreens and buttons. Please remember not to use your hands.
- The elevator will be reserved for those who cannot use the stairs, and is to be used by only one visitor party at a time.
- A digital map of the Museum can be viewed here.
- Guided tours of the Museum and of the Oklahoma Training Track are suspended until further notice.
- The Museum Gift Shop is open at limited capacity.
- Protective acrylic shields have been installed at the admissions desk and in the Gift Shop.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection is being performed throughout the day of the Museum and its galleries, high-touch surfaces and office spaces.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit. Those visiting The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame do so at their own risk of such exposure.