The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame is open to the public. Please be assured that the health and safety of our visitors and staff are our top priorities, and that we are following all COVID-19 related guidelines and protocols issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and New York State. All visitors and staff are required to follow the safety guidelines outlined below. Visitors who do not follow these guidelines will be asked to leave the Museum's premises.
To ensure that we are providing a safe environment for all, the Museum has the following policies and procedures in place:
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick. For more information about COVID-19 and its symptoms, please check the CDC website.
- The Museum requires all visitors to the Museum, including those who are vaccinated, to wear a face covering when indoors. The following categories of people are exempt from the requirement to wear a mask:
- A child under the age of 2 years
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, for reasons related to the disability
- Physical distancing is required. Visitors should stay at least 6 feet from persons not within their group or family. Please follow the physical-distancing markers at visitor entry and exit points, as well as in locations throughout the Museum.
- Visitors are encouraged to use the hand sanitizer stations positioned at the entrances and throughout the Museum.
- Visitors will receive as part of their admission their own stylus pen to be used when interacting with touchscreens and buttons. Please remember not to use your hands.
- The elevator will be reserved for those who cannot use the stairs, and is to be used by only one visitor party at a time.
- A digital map of the Museum can be viewed here.
- Protective acrylic shields have been installed at the admissions desk and in the Gift Shop. All Museum employees are required to wear a face covering.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit. Those visiting The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame do so at their own risk of such exposure.